Delivering The Help People Need 229-589-8970
Helping You Put The Pieces Back Together
Request A Consultation

Do I have a medical malpractice claim on my hands?

You, like many other Georgia residents before you and just like you, needed medical help. You did what you were supposed to do and went to the doctor. You got a diagnosis and agreed to the prescribed treatment. Now, you feel worse off than you were before. This has left you wondering if something went wrong and if you have a medical malpractice case on your hands.

When you go to a medical professional for help, you expect their assistance to actually help -- not make things worse. If you have reason to believe that an error in care or negligence occurred, according to state laws, you may be able to seek compensation for your losses. Sit tight, though. Medical malpractice claims are no joke. If filing this type of legal action is appropriate, it can take time to get through.

What to do first

If you think something went wrong, the first thing you might want to do is talk to your medical provider about it. It may be something that fixable through further treatment. If the issue is not something you feel comfortable bringing up with the medical staff involved, you and your legal counsel can seek out a specialist to review your case. In Georgia, this is actually required before you can file a medical malpractice claim in court.

When to take action

If you want to bring a medical malpractice claim against your doctor, any medical staff involved in your treatment or even the facility where you received the care, you'll only have so long to actually do it before you lose your right to seek compensation. The statute of limitations for such claims in the state of Georgia is two years from the date of injury or two years from when the injury became apparent.

Not sure what to do

Sometimes, it is difficult to know if how one feels after a medical procedure is just his or her reaction to the treatment or if something went wrong. It is always better to ask than suffer through it and rack up more medical debt trying to figure out what is going on.

If you believe you have a medical malpractice case but are not entirely sure, it is okay to seek a case review. With the help of legal counsel and a medical specialist, you can determine if filing a claim and seeking compensation is the right course of action. If it is, then further assistance can be provided in seeking maximum relief for your losses.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Delivering The Help You Need

Contact us for a consultation. Call 229-589-8970 or contact us by filling out the form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Moultrie Office
800 1st Street SE
Moultrie, GA 31768

Phone: 229-589-8970
Moultrie Law Office Map

Albany Office
110 North Westover Blvd.
Suite A
Albany, GA 31721

Phone: 229-589-8970
Phone: 229-589-8970
Map & Directions

Thomasville Office
337 East Jackson Street
Thomasville, GA 31792

Phone: 229-589-8970
Phone: 229-589-8970
Thomasville Law Office Map

Atlanta Office
Conley Griggs Partin
4200 Northside Parkway, N.W.
Building One, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30327

Phone: 229-589-8970
Map & Directions