The Help You Need
Robert D. Howell
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
Robert D. "Robb" Howell is one of the founding partners of Howell Law Firm, P.C.. He handles catastrophic and high-stakes injury cases, medical malpractice, pharmaceutical lawsuits and business litigation. From his offices in Moultrie, Thomasville, and Albany, Georgia, he represents clients throughout the state and the southeast. He also maintains an Atlanta office and as serves as Of-Counsel to the firm of Conley Griggs Partin, LLP.
Due to his dedicated representation and trial skills, Mr. Howell has obtained many seven-figure and eight-figure recoveries on behalf of his clients. Since opening in February, 2006, Howell Law Firm has recovered well over $70,000,000 for clients who were injured or harmed by the negligence of others. Robb has been particularly successful in securing large recoveries for his clients in small, rural and traditionally-conservative venues. For example, in May, 2014, Mr. Howell was lead counsel in a medical malpractice trial in Lowndes County Superior Court which resulted in a record-setting verdict of $1,811,377.09 for his client. This was the highest personal injury jury verdict in the history of Lowndes County, Georgia at the time. Mr. Howell's verdict in this trial was featured as one of the top verdicts in Georgia in 2014 by the Daily Report on July 31, 2015.
In January, 2017, Mr. Howell was lead counsel in another record-setting trial verdict in Lowndes County, Georgia. In that case, Mr. Howell secured a $10 million dollar verdict on behalf of his client who sufferred a brain injury from a fall at South Georgia Medical Center. This verdict was reported as the largest ever for a plaintiff in this venue and far surpassed the previous record verdict (also Mr. Howell's) from 2014.
His successes have earned him an AV rating,* and he has been selected by his peers as a Super Lawyer/Rising Star in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and as a Super Lawyer ever year from 2016 to 2020. Mr. Howell was also honored as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the American Trial Lawyers Association for the years 2010-2012 and received regonitition by that organization as one of the Top 40 Trial Lawyers in the State of Georgia under the age of 40. Mr. Howell was recognized on August 31, 2012 as The Best Attorney In Moultrie Georgia by the Moultrie Observer.
As an active member of his legal community, Mr. Howell serves on the Executive Committee of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and is a member of GTLA's Political Action Committee Board. Mr. Howell presently serves as a member of the University of Georgia Law School Council.
Mr. Howell graduated magna cum laude from Valdosta State University in 1994. Four years later, he received his law degree from the University of Georgia School of Law, graduating cum laude. While in law school, he was the chairman of the Moot Court Board and an active participant in the law school's prestigious moot court program, winning several titles and awards for his work.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- Honors: cum laude
- Valdosta State University
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Georgia, 1998
- AV Rating from Martindale Hubbell
- Super Lawyer/Rising Star
- Super Lawyer/Rising Star
- Named as One of the top 100 attorneys in Georgia by the American Association for Justice, 2010
- Member, Championship ABA Moot Court Team, The University of Georgia School of Law
- Chairman, Moot Court Board, The University of Georgia School of Law
- Member of the Leadership Georgia Class of 2006. Recognized as Moultrie, Georgia's Best Attorney by the Moultrie Observer., 2006
- Former Chairman, Moultrie Downtown Development Authority
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Moultrie Housing Authority
- Board Member, Moultrie Technical College Foundation
- Board Chairman, Colquitt County Serenity House, 2006 - Present
- Board Member, Valdosta State University Board
- Board of Directors, Colquitt County Boys and Girls Club
- Chief Volunteer Officer of the Colquitt County Boys and Girls Club
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Moultrie Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Moultrie Trial Lawyers Association, 2010
- Vice-President, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
Current Employment Position
- Of-Counsel, Conley Griggs Partin, LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Lord, Bissell & Brook