Winning Tough Cases For Those Injured By Medical Malpractice
In the medical profession, there are certain standards for how different conditions and injuries are treated. When a doctor, nurse or other health care professional provides care that falls below those standards and someone is hurt as a result that is medical malpractice.
People can be injured by substandard medical care in many ways. We offer our assistance to those injured by:
- Failure to diagnose/misdiagnosis — Cancer, heart attacks and strokes are some of the most common health matters to be missed or misdiagnosed.
- Errors in delivery — Delivering a child is a critical time. Failing to monitor the fetus or the mother’s health and other errors can create very serious birth injuries.
- Surgical errors — Wrong-site surgery, leaving a foreign object such as a sponge inside a patient and other surgery-related errors can have a devastating impact.
- Medication errors — Overdose, dispensing the wrong medication and other mistakes regarding drugs can cause serious injuries and fatalities.
- Anesthesia errors — Anesthesiologists have to closely monitor their patients as well as take into account a number of factors to determine how best to anesthetize someone.
- Radiologist errors — Misreading an X-ray can create serious problems when cancer or some other condition is not noticed and treated in a timely fashion.
- Nursing negligence — Patients see nurses more than any other health care professional in a hospital or clinic. When nurses make mistakes, serious injuries or fatalities can occur.
We Know How To Win In Hostile Jurisdictions
Conservative counties in Southern Georgia overall are not generally receptive to medical malpractice cases. We are able to generate positive results for our clients in these venues, including some record verdicts, because we know how to present these tough cases to conservative, south Georgia juries. That knowledge allows us to succeed in an environment that is not open to helping those injured by medical malpractice. We welcome referrals from attorneys who could benefit from our local knowledge.
Trial Experience You Can Place Your Trust In
At the Howell Law Firm, PC, attorney Robb Howell is AV Preeminent* rated by Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system, the highest rating. He was also named as a Georgia Super Lawyer/Rising Star from 2009 to 2013 and as a Super Lawyer in 2016. With 17 years of experience working in our local courts, we are able to build strong cases that are tailored to the conditions and circumstances injured people in our area face. We are skilled at conducting thorough investigations that can serve as the solid foundations our clients’ cases need.
To see how we have helped others, refer to our case results and testimonials pages.
We offer a free initial consultation. Call 229-589-8970 or contact us online to schedule a time to discuss your situation with our lawyer.
We only collect attorney’s fees when we secure compensation for you.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.