Recovering Damages For Anesthesia Errors
When you require surgery, having proper anesthetic treatment is an essential part of the process. An error due to the anesthesiologist’s negligence can be catastrophic and possibly fatal. Injuries due to anesthesia errors include:
- Lack of adequate oxygen intake leading to hypoxia
- Spinal cord injuries, potentially leading to paralysis
- Organ damage
Howell Law Firm, PC, in Moultrie, advocates for compensation for victims of anesthesia error and the family members of deceased patients.
How Injury Happens
Anesthesiology is an exact profession which demands that professionals are fully trained and alert to their patients’ condition and needs. Tragic injuries under anesthesia are often due to the anesthesiologist:
- Giving the wrong type of anesthesia for the procedure
- Not determining if the patient is allergic to a specific anesthesia
- Not properly monitoring the patient’s vitals during surgery
- Administration of too much or too little anesthesia
- Failing to respond to an adverse drug reaction appropriately
Since mistakes can cause lifelong injuries or bring on death, it is crucial that you seek compensation for your loss.
Contact Us To Learn More
Howell Law Firm, with offices in Moultrie, Thomasville, and Atlanta, stands ready to fight for your medical malpractice lawsuit. Contact us by email or call 229-589-8970 to schedule a free initial consultation to learn more about how we can pursue damages for your personal injury.